Rabu, 22 Februari 2012

Twiggy’s First M&S collection

Twiggy's First M&S collection

Twiggy's First M&S collection










Twiggy has been modeling for M&S since 2005. With her amazing
career in fashion and her love for design, she has a unique appeal for M&S customers who are sure to enjoy
this new collection.

At 62 Twiggy wanted the M & S range to suit all women
and not just those who are a svelte size 10 like her. "I couldn't just design clothes that I love," she
said. "It was important to cater for women of all ages, shapes and sizes.

"I am very proud of my
new collection and I loved working closely with Neil Hendy, M&S Head of Design and his team.

"We started talking
about the collaboration three years ago and have now produced over 40 pieces.
The collection is stylish, timeless, fun, easy to wear and most importantly
affordable. I am a high street shopper myself
and M&S are happy to indulge my passion for fashion."

"In the design stages of the collection, we discussed the idea of the
key pieces for inspiration that was both contemporary and timeless and incorporated
the latest catwalk trends, " said Twiggy. "A Jacket, dress, blouse, trousers, and so
on. This was the starting point and then we built on these ideas and completed
the look with colours and fabrics to complement the styles.

"Tailored jackets and comfortable footwear are my wardrobe
necessities. I love a well fitted, jacket you can wear it with just about
anything. I like to push the sleeves up for a casual, chic look and team it
with a T-shirt, skinny jeans and brogues for day wear.

"We designed the statement sequined jacket to add the
perfect sparkle to eveningwear and a touch of glamour to daywear. The fabric is
soft, allowing the jacket to fall naturally and the gunmetal grey shade of the sequins
give a sophisticated finish.

"When it comes to dresses, I pay particular attention to
detail.
Whether the style needs texture, to be lined, to be with or without a belt is
very important to the overall finished look. My personal preference is a narrow dress, which is not too
tight around the middle. This gives a
beautiful streamlined look. I find stitch
detail or gathering on the tummy disguise a multitude of sins.

"I have many favourite
colours. However, if I had to choose I
love shades of blue, so versatile and can be paired with most tones. We
have incorporated soft neutrals and taupes as well as bold monochrome, florals
and splashes of colour to the Twiggy
collection."

A sneak preview of the autumn range revealed another few colour
favourites of Twiggy's, magenta pink and beautiful soft purples and wines included in the pieces
to be released later in the year. 

A selection of belts, bags, shoes and scarves offer the
essential finishing touches to the collection.

"You will always find
me in a comfortable pair of flat shoes" said Twiggy "I can't walk in high heels,
I have weak ankles and I'm concerned that I might fall. We have chosen a selection of pretty sandals and pumps to complement
the summer collection. I hate to see youngsters staggering around in high
heels when they are clearly uncomfortable. It's so much more liberating to wear
flats!"

Twiggy is a
skilled seamstress herself and a dab hand on the
sewing machine. "I love sewing and I am very good at it," she said. "My mother taught
me to sew as a youngster and I have always enjoyed creating and designing
clothes even before the opportunity with M&S
arose.

"Being in the
fashion industry for so long I know my body and what suits me. I know what
styles will complement body shapes and I am delighted that this is illustrated by
the M&S Twiggy range."

Twiggy for M&S Woman will launch on Thursday 12th April
exclusively online at www.marksandspencer.com/Twiggy

The range will be available in sizes 8-24 and range from
£12.50 for a T- shirt to £79 for the statement sequined jacket.

Poppy Watt

If you would like the
chance to try out some of the wonderful clothes in the Twiggy M&S range then we have a great competition prize for you
to enter. Just click here for more
details.

Source: http://womentalking.co.uk/new//topics/fashion/twiggy%E2%80%99s-first-ms-collection/

0 komentar: