Minggu, 26 Februari 2012

EFFING PROUD OF YOU, DAD XXBy Brydie Lee-Kennedy

EFFING PROUD OF YOU, DAD XXBy Brydie Lee-Kennedy
February 23, 2012





As a teenager I worked as a ballet teacher and my most stressful role was choosing soloists for the end-of-year concert.


When the time came for our 2002 production of Tubby The Tuba, the role of Tubby was hotly contested among the ballerinas. One particularly ambitious girl, who I’ll call "Abby" (because that is her name and she can probably use the internet by now and she should know that I still hold a grudge) was so keen to upgrade from her secondary role of "Pee-wee the Piccolo" that, a day out from the concert, she walked out in a huff, taking her friends with her.


The ballet was a disaster – I’m sure you saw the reviews. On concert night, bemused parents were forced to look on as Tubby became a one-person show and Abby and co put on a self-devised piece which could best be described as "tween funk".


Well, now K-Rudd’s in a bit of a tween funk, storming out of the rehearsal room and forcing we, the Australian public, to watch gobsmacked as Julia pirouettes around an empty stage.


Like all good Gen-Ys, I first heard the news of Rudd’s resignation on Twitter.


Or, rather, I noticed a sudden explosion of pun-based hashtags: "Ruddvenge", "Rudderless" and the re-emergence of the 2010 classic "Spillard"- and drew my conclusions from there. (I’ll admit, my first concern was for the safety of Paul Rudd – in my defence, Clueless was on TV the other night – but happily his cheekbones have no part in this scandal.)


The Twitter community was divided into three camps – those who supported Rudd’s decision, those who thought he was acting like a spoilt child (shout out to my people!) and spambots who used the opportunity to offer people an "OMG sexeee video #Rudd".


Leading the charge for the first camp was Rudd’s very own daughter, Jessica Rudd (@Jess_Rudd).


Immediately after K-Rudd made his announcement, Jessica tweeted that she was "Effing proud of you, Dad. Xxxx", proving that a fondness for colourful language runs in the family. Joining the love-in was his wife Therese Rein (@Therese_Rein), adding "Me too, Kevin xxxx".

Source: http://thehoopla.com.au/effing-proud-you-dad-xx//

0 komentar: