Selasa, 27 Desember 2011

FALALALALA... LALA LA LAAAABy The Hoopla team
December 23, 2011






When The Hoopla launched in July this year, Jane, Caroline and I said that we wanted to create an “online news and magazine site for a community of wise, warm, witty and wonderful women”.


So this is Christmas and what have we done?

Well, you can be the judge of that but, for my part, it's truly gratifying that so many of you have embraced The Hoopla.

Thank you, one and all. ( And special thanks also to Donna Kilby for her special contribution.)

At launch time I wrote: "If you take this leap of faith with us, I can assure you that we will repay you with our time and energy in the creation of an independent, intelligent and unique voice for Australian women."

That is our mantra, day in day out. We aim to entertain, connect and showcase the diverse voices of Australian women.

Christmas is the time to be thankful for all our blessings and for me, getting to know you all, hearing what you have to say and what you want from The Hoopla has been a joy.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that you are able reconnect with family and friends. (I certainly owe my very patient family a great deal for their support every day.)

I also hope you find peace and time for personal reflection.

Compliments of the Season. (Or as my mad foodie friends like to say: "Condiments of the Seasoning"!)

Wendy Harmer.

**********************



On the eve of Christmas we are very excited to deliver a little gift to all of you who access us on your smart phone.

Go on, go in and have a look. We hope you like it and that it fits you because sadly there is no docket so you cannot exchange!

I am incredibly grateful to all of you who keep coming under our tent to see what the clever women I work with have created. Working with Wendy, Caroline and Donna is a very stimulating and often electric experience. The Hoopla’s voice gets louder every time you  ‘like’ or ‘share’ us and I thank you all for that and please DON’T STOP! I also want to give a warm motherly hug to my two boys who ask me daily “How’s The Hoopla today mum? Are you getting bigger?”.

Wishing you all a safe and relaxing break.

Jane Waterhouse.

**********************

As far as years go, this one has been a doozie for me… both personally and professionally.

Late March, my partner Donna and I left Sydney to run a small vineyard in the Barossa Valley in South Australia (that sounds a lot more glamorous than it actually is. Hard work is what it should be called).

Simultaneously, I joined Wendy and Jane in this amazing adventure that is The Hoopla. It is a constant source of joy and wonder to me that I can edit this website from my office in country Australia, watching daily the landscape as it changes with the seasons, and all that nature throws up at us.

And yet, I feel very much part of the bigger world, and for this I can thank this website because it keeps me constantly connected to a smart and lively community – be it my colleagues in Sydney or the women who visit The Hoopla every day, generously sharing their experiences and their words of wisdom with the rest of us.

That’s a big enough Christmas present for me this year.

Caroline Roessler.

*Our Hoopla Christmas card comes courtesy of Cat In The Country, a daily blog on the adventures of an inner-city Burmese cat who, early this year, moved to the Barossa Valley. No prizes for guessing whose cat it is.

Source: http://id.she.yahoo.com/new/http://thehoopla.com.au/falalalala-lala-la-laaaa//

0 komentar: